Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hazards, Disasters or Catastrophes


According to Keller and Blodget (2008), a natural hazard is any natural process that poses a threat to human life or property. A disaster, or natural disaster is the effect of a hazard on society when the interaction between humans and a natural process results in significant property damage, injuries or loss of life. A more serious disaster is a catastrophe which results in significant loss of life and significant property damage.

A sum up scale of natural hazards would be summed up as follows: Natural Hazard, Disaster & Catastrophe.


3 comments:

  1. very nice entry this week-looking forward to what you'll discover during the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romania sounds very interesting place. I love how you break all the minerals found in certain places. Can't wait to read more about Romania.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Janice! I myself was surprised to find out that Romania had quite an impressive richness in minerals, at least impressive for the novice that I am ...This sparked my interest and I can't wait to learn more about rocks and minerals!

    ReplyDelete